Please be aware that there might be changes in the following material up to the day of the tournament.
The schedules and Home Bases were updated 12Feb2018 showing the event locations. Be sure to have the latest version!
New locations for Ping Pong Parachute & Remote Sensing
See below about Amazing Mechatronics Div-C
There will be food trucks from 11 AM to 1 PM – see below
Awards Ceremonies: IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW
Make sure that everyone involved with your teams is familiar with the Policies of the NC Science Olympiad.
Registration: Coaches Only, Registration is in Sullivan Science Bldg. 117.
Vandalism & Behavior form signed by you, your principal, and your students. 1 per team.
NCSO Consent form: electronic or paper.
Arrival/Parking (buses, cars, teams, parents, etc.):
- Amazing Mechatronics Div-C: The 2nd part will be to create simulations using tinkercad.com/circuits. Competitors must have created a FREE account there in order to compete.
- Helicopters & Wright Stuff: Research Gym, 248 Mary Channing Coleman Bldg. Height ~22′, width ~50′, length ~96′, Room 248 Coleman Bldg
- Ping Pong Parachute: Inside, 1510 Walker Ave. Center Gym, Ceiling Height ~22 feet,
- Floor surface for Vehicle events: Vinyl Tile, Hovercraft: Lab table top
- Hovercraft: “conference room table top”, Room 400 Sullivan Bldg
- Photos of some event sites.Greensboro Photos-EventSites
- Home base assignments: Greensboro Home Bases
Awards Ceremonies: Kaplan Recreation and Wellness Center, 1301 W. Gate City Blvd. from 4 PM until 5 PM. See directions below under “Maps”.
- We will hold the B ceremony first and then the C ceremony. Please do not arrive before 3:30.
- Normally access to the Kaplan Center is restricted to members of the UNCG community, therefore please attend to the following:
- We request that all non-competitors wear a special wrist band that identifies them as part of the Science Olympiad.
- Wrist bands can be picked up during the day in the lobby of the Sullivan Bldg. and at the Kiosk in the Kaplan Center.
- Competitors must wear their wristband to the ceremony.
- UNCGCampusMapAug2017Alpha-TournamentLocations. Buildings are highlighted and here are the building numbers: Sullivan (178), Kaplan (308), 1510 Walker (134), Coleman HHS 248 (98) AKA “Research Gym”
- UNCG Emergency Guide
- In case of an accident or extreme health concern, call 336-334-4444 or find a red phone and simply lift it to make the call.
Wi-Fi: Wireless Internet is available throughout the UNCG campus, including in all campus buildings and open spaces. Access to the secured network (UNCG-FacultyStaffStudent) is restricted to members of the UNCG community. Campus guests can access the unsecured network (UNCG-wireless) at no charge.
See https://its.uncg.edu/network_services/wireless/connect/guest/ for instructions.
FOOD: Food Trucks: Ghassans and Homeslice Pizza & Subs. They plan to serve 11 AM TO 1 PM. also for on campus sites see https://www.dineoncampus.com/uncg.