Hello, Sci-Oly Coaches
Hope you are excited for the upcoming Cullowhee Regional Tournament. Here are a few important updates,
1) Attached you can find the room assignments (including the home rooms), updated tournament schedule, and maps for WCU campus and BELK building where the home rooms and most events will be located. Please share them with your parents and students and feel free to make copies for your students and parents. There will be only limited paper copies provided on site.
2) All afternoon events are moved 15 minutes back in order to give the teams enough time to have lunch and rest. Below are the updated afternoon schedules
Afternoon Impound – 11:30am-12:15pm;
Test Period 3 (the first afternoon test period): 12:30-1:45pm;
Test Period 4 (the second afternoon test period): 2:00-3:15pm;
Afternoon walk-in session: starting at 12:30pm.
Closing ceremony/Award Ceremony is still scheduled at 4-5:30pm.
3) WCU will be at spring break; so only limited eating places on campus will open on the tournament day. You are welcome to bring in pizza or sandwiches for your team. Sylva has several pizza and fast food places that you can order food for your team.
4) In order to register, please have Vandalism & Behavior form signed by you, your principal, and your students,1 per team, and bring it to register. You can find the form at https://www.sciencenc.com/tournaments/middle-high/locations/cullowhee-tournament/ or in the email that Amy Lamb sent to you in Feb.
5) In order to compete, please also have permission/photo consent forms signed by your students’ parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s). The links and a paper copy can be found at Cullowhee Tournament or in the email that Amy Lamb sent to you in Feb.
6) If you haven’t logged into Avogadro and self-scheduled the walk-in events, please try to log in or email Amy Lamb (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your team’s walk-in events.
7) If you haven’t put which events your team will compete and which students will compete in Avogadro, please try to do so ASAP.
You can find the information about Avogardro login at https://www.sciencenc.com/tournaments/middle-high/locations/cullowhee-tournament/ or in the email that Amy Lamb sent to you in Feb.
8) Volunteer sign-up site is Collowhee Tournament 2018. Please advise that the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) should only volunteer in the events his/her kid is NOT competing.
9) About the tournament – At tournament, the students should NOT walk alone on campus, per NCSO guidelines. Please reinforce this not-walk-alone rules with your students. An adult accompany is also a good idea from/to Stillwell building or Ramsey Center. In addition, most of the events are close-door tests. Battery Buggy, Duct Tape Challenge, Ping Pong Parachute, and Wright Stuff are open-door events. Towers, Hovercraft and Roller Coaster are open to public too but may have limited seating.
10) At the end the event, please ask your team to clean up the room and put the chairs and tables back to their original places when you leave the room in the afternoon.
Looking forward to see you on March 10th, 2018. If you have any additional questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.