* River Bend is a brand new school, and we need to do our best to keep it looking new.
* We were unable to get a computer lab for ProGamers. The Science Olympiad state office is providing laptops for us to use, but kids are welcome to bring their own chromebooks or laptops if they’d prefer. No iPads though. Also, we need an idea how many laptops to bring, so tell us here
* All food, drinks, and chewing gum are restricted to outside or in the cafeteria only. This applies to both the kids and the adults. (Please contact me if an exception is needed for this rule for medical reasons.)
* Soft soled shoes, like tennis shoes or sneakers, are the ONLY shoes allowed inside the gymnasium. This applies to kids and adults both. Absolutely no heels. The school was very explicit about this; so please plan ahead and wear appropriate shoes.
* Home base for the teams will be in the cafeteria. We’ll have a table set up for registration in the cafeteria as well. Registration officially starts at 7:45, but we’ll start registering teams as soon as they arrive.
* Parking is quite limited at River Bend. The surrounding area is a new development under construction. I spoke with the developers, and we should be okay to park on any of the streets around the school as long as we’re not blocking fire lanes. (They usually are not doing any construction on Saturdays. If they do need access, they have my information and I will announce if vehicles need to be moved.) Planning to carpool as much as possible is probably wise. Also, please leave the closest 25 spots in the parking lot free for event volunteers and for 10-minute parking only. I know this is a bit inconvenient, but the events can’t happen without volunteers to run them; so we don’t want them to be late because they’re circling looking for spots.
* If anything comes up the day of, such as scheduling delays or disputes, do NOT approach the event leaders/volunteers. That goes for coaches and parents. (If kids notice something off during an event, they should tell the event leader right away.) Any problems or concerns should be raised with me (or the state rep) directly. One of us can most likely be found in volunteer HQ throughout the day. I can also be reached throughout the day via email or text at 919-607-4910.
* My event volunteers will have lanyards identifying them. Please be kind and respectful to all of them.