The Duke Energy Funded NCSO Rural Participation Project expands access to Science Olympiad tournaments for rookie and/or rural students and educators in North Carolina. The project breaks down barriers that exist for participants with limited resources who are interested in STEM, but need help to get started and organized.
THE PROJECT PROVIDES:
(1) Coaches’ Clinic Scholarship (registration fee, travel & accommodations, and team kit)
(2) Rural Tournament Scholarships (registration fee covered)
(3) State Tournament Scholarship (travel & accommodations)
(1) MUST be located in the Duke Energy Progress Service Area (see map).
(2) Financial need. Applicants must be located in a Tier 1 (most economically distressed) county.
(3) A rookie (3 years or less with NCSO)