April 14, 2018
Angela Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org
Division A Teams:
This Division A tournament has a capacity of 40 teams.
Registration as of 12/18/17:
|Alderman Road Elementary||1|
|Alpha Academy Charter School||2|
|Ashley Elementary School||1|
|District 7 Elementary||2|
|E Melvin Honeycutt||1|
|E.E. Miller Elementary School||1|
|Elizabeth Cashwell Elementary School||1|
|Elizabethtown Christian Academy||1|
|First Impressions Academy||1|
|Lake Rim Elementary Schue||1|
|Loyd E. Auman||1|
|Morganton Road Elem.||1|
|New Century International Elementary||2|
|Stoney Point Elementary||2|
|Sycamore Lane Elementary School||2|
|Union Chapel Elementary||1|
|Warrenwood Elementary School||1|
I hope that you all had a great day yesterday! I have published the scores in Avogadro, so head coaches can log in and see raw score data.
For everyone else, here are the links to the spreadsheet for ranks in every event.
Separate scores – this is what medals and trophies are awarded from.
Combined Scores – this ranks all varsity and JV teams together. This is for comparison only.
If you have any questions about the scores, please have the head coach email me. Scores become final at 5pm on Wednesday. As a policy, we do not release tests.
A huge thank you to Angela Adams for her hard work on the tournament!
Great job to you all!
1. Introduction of Coaches- presently 29 schools have shared they are interested in participating.
2. Beginning of the Year: Start developing interest with students, kick-offs, parent interest letters, volunteers/event coaches (school staff or parents), and schedule.
3. Coaches’ Manual-on the state website. Review the coaching responsibilities.
4. Registration- register online, payments maybe sent later. Need an estimation of how many teams for planning.
5. Competition- location is Jack Britt. Last meeting (March 27, 2018) will be held at Jack Britt to walk around the campus.
6. Events- review rules and scoring sections with students. All the information is listed for the students.
7. Coaches’ Clinic- Oct. 6/7, 2017 (I will place the information received in our google drive folder)
8. Voting (team members)- 8 fifth graders on each team.
9. Progamers- we will participate. You may add two members to participate in Progamers (individual awards) ONLY, plus the original 18 for the events that qualify for overall awards; or use the 18 members with 2 members from the team participating (individual awards only).
10. Exciting science exploration has started!
Next steps: November meeting’s agenda-events rules, scoring and materials needed for students to explore and study.