April 14, 2018
Angela Adams, email@example.com
Division A Teams:
This Division A tournament has a capacity of 40 teams.
Registration as of 10/19/17:
|School Name||# of Teams|
|Alderman Road Elementary||1|
|Alpha Academy Charter School||2|
|Ashley Elementary School||1|
|District 7 Elementary||2|
|E.E. Miller Elementary School||1|
|Elizabeth Cashwell Elementary School||1|
|First Impressions Academy||1|
|Lake Rim Elementary Schue||1|
|New Century International Elementary||2|
|Stoney Point Elementary||2|
|Sycamore Lane Elementary School||2|
|Warrenwood Elementary School||1|
1. Introduction of Coaches- presently 29 schools have shared they are interested in participating.
2. Beginning of the Year: Start developing interest with students, kick-offs, parent interest letters, volunteers/event coaches (school staff or parents), and schedule.
3. Coaches’ Manual-on the state website. Review the coaching responsibilities.
4. Registration- register online, payments maybe sent later. Need an estimation of how many teams for planning.
5. Competition- location is Jack Britt. Last meeting (March 27, 2018) will be held at Jack Britt to walk around the campus.
6. Events- review rules and scoring sections with students. All the information is listed for the students.
7. Coaches’ Clinic- Oct. 6/7, 2017 (I will place the information received in our google drive folder)
8. Voting (team members)- 8 fifth graders on each team.
9. Progamers- we will participate. You may add two members to participate in Progamers (individual awards) ONLY, plus the original 18 for the events that qualify for overall awards; or use the 18 members with 2 members from the team participating (individual awards only).
10. Exciting science exploration has started!
Next steps: November meeting’s agenda-events rules, scoring and materials needed for students to explore and study.