The Pitt CountyTournament Division A (elementary) tournament took place on March 16th at J.H. Rose High School. The event was organized by Regional Director Fritz Robinett. Special thank you to Rose High school for graciously hosting the Pitt Tournament! Volunteer Award Winner: Ashish Khanchandani Spirit Award Winner: Creekside Elementary School OVERALL WINNERSChicodThe Oakwood SchoolEastern Elementary…
March 14, 2020 – Tentative
Fritz Robinett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Division A Teams:
This Division A tournament has a capacity of 20 teams.
- On or near February 3rd, the state office will send you an email with information and directions regarding scheduling your students for walk-in events (events that last more than one period) and consent/vandalism forms that you will need to get completed prior to the day of competition. These will be paper forms instead of Google Forms as has been the case the past few years. I can help advise you on these logistics on a case-by-case basis, but…
- I will also be hosting a COACH MEETING on Feb. 24th from 1:00 – 3:00 in the Media Center at Eastern Elementary for any coach that wants help with scheduling, paperwork, and to go over some competition day questions and details. The meeting is not mandatory, but you are encouraged to come or to send someone in your place if you can’t make it.
- You are responsible for lunch for your team. The competition can be a long day so please bring snacks (or put a parent in charge of snacks) for your team and make plans for them to eat lunch.
- You, as the coach, are responsible for ensuring your students are prepared to succeed in their events – to that end, please make sure to read over the section titled “TEAMS“ and “SAFETY REQUIREMENTS” on every event rules page as these section indicates what each team is responsible for or allowed to bring with them into their event (event supplies, safety glasses, etc.)
- On competition day, there will be some things to do and see between events: JH Rose Art Club will be on hand for face painting, the ECU Geology Dept. will bring their Augmented Reality Sandbox, Kona Ice will be on hand to sell refreshments, and hopefully some other booths from local Science organizations.
- Ramp and Roll – as in previous years, this event will take place on the gym floor at JH Rose. Participants will need to prepare for that surface.
- Codebusters – is a trial event that we will be participating in this year
- ProGamers – is a full event this year and will be taking place in a computer lab – participants should prepare to use desktop computers for this event.
- 3-2-1 Blast Off requires a ping pong ball to separate from the rocket this year or it will be scored in Tier 2. All launches will take place at 60psi.
- Parents and spectators will not be permitted in classroom hallways during testing events – they can observe open events (3-2-1 Blast Off, Pasta Tower, Ramp and Roll) or remain in the home base area during event periods.