The Division B and C (middle and high school) Buies Creek tournament took place on February 23rd at Campbell University. The event was organized by Regional Director Emily Manhart. A Special Thank You to Campbell University for Hosting the Buies Creek Tournament!! Volunteer Award Winner: Dr. Mike Gallagher Division B Spirit Award: Woods…
February 23, 2019
Emily Worrell, email@example.com
Chatham, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Southern Wake, Northern Cumberland
Chatham, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Southern Wake, Northern Cumberland
Division B Teams:
This Division B tournament has a capacity of 30 teams.
Division C Teams:
This Division C tournament has a capacity of 30 teams.
Good morning all,
I hope that you had a great day yesterday! A huge thank you to the faculty & staff at Campbell for another great tournament.
Congratulations to all your teams and remember that we need lots of help at area Elementary tournaments later this spring if anyone would like service hours or just loves NCSO and wants to help! You can sign up to volunteer here.
If you are the one who can log in to Avogadro, you can click on your team name and see a graph of how the team did versus everyone else and also the raw score in the event. Many of you have asked for the total number of points per test (because it is rarely 100) and I am still working with the developer on that.
If you see a problem in the scores, please email me by Tuesday morning at the latest so that I can look in to it. Scores become final at 5pm on Wednesday.
Here are the scores divided by team group – this is what medals & trophies come from. The top 4 teams are moving on to States on April 26 & 27!
Here are the combined scores – This is what First Place Overall Winners come from. A description of our policy can be found here. I will add names to the spreadsheet on the state tournament website after scores are final so that FPOWs can check in on their status.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
We are excited to have each of you and your students on campus (campus map) on Saturday, February 23. I have attached a copy of the Division B Schedule and Division C Schedule with locations. You will also each have 5 copies front and back of the B/C schedule in your packet when you register. Please read the following very carefully. We want to ensure that check in and unloading goes as smoothly as possible on Saturday morning.
· The buses will need to park behind the Convocation Center with overflow at the Aquatic Center and between the Hight House and the bank that is shown on the attached map. Cars will also be able to park in these lots.
· To check in, you will enter through the front doors of the Convocation Center. Once inside, please send your team up the stairs on the left or right to find the home base location while you check in your team. Doors will open promptly at 7:30am and registration will begin. It is an early start for everyone and we are trying to get multiple things going at once so please be patient if you arrive earlier than 7:30am.
· As mentioned above, home base locations will be in the Convocation Center on the concourse. Each team will have one table and 2 chairs. We hope to have the teams stationed alphabetically around the concourse.
· Please have your students dress appropriately for the weather as they will be moving around campus to and from events.
· Food! There are numerous options available for lunch. A flyer is attached with dining options and the concession menu and prices.
· The Awards Ceremony will take place in the Convocation Center. Once all events are finished on the floor of Gore Arena, Facilities will begin setup for the ceremony. Our goal is to begin the ceremony at 4pm. We will run the B and C awards together.
· Elastic Launched Glider, Wright Stuff and Ping Pong Parachute will be conducted on the floor of Gore Arena with a ceiling height of 45 feet with rafters and catwalks starting at 30 feet. Battery Buggy, Mousetrap, and Boomilever will be on the floor of Gore Arena as well.
· Impound events: Battery Buggy and Mousetrap Vehicle – impound on the floor of Gore Arena at times listed on the schedule. Protein Modeling – impound in Lundy-Fetterman School of Business, room 147 at times listed on the schedule. Roller Coaster – impound in McCall Court (Convocation Center) at times listed on the schedule. Thermodynamics – impound in the Science Building at times listed on the schedule. See attached flyer as reminder.
· Make sure your students allow enough time to reach locations for impound and for the event itself. Some locations are all the way across campus from the Convocation Center.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send them my way. If I am unable to answer, I will forward to the state office.
Emily W. Manhart
Assistant Director of Admissions
January 25, 2019
Good Morning Coaches!
Hope y’all are doing well and anticipating the start to competition season in just a little under a month!
This email has some important information pertaining to Avogadro and Google Forms so please bear with me.
1. If you have not self-scheduled and added team members to Avogadro, please do so today! Self-scheduling closes next Thursday 1/31/19 at 5 PM. After 1/31/19 – you will need to email me your self-schedule choices. Here is the website link.
2. There are no trial events at Buies Creek this year. I made an error on my part when originally setting up Buies Creek in Avogadro, they have been removed at this time.
3. If you have not had your parents fill out the Google Consent Form – please send that out soon!
4. If your team has not filled out the Vandalism and Behavior Form, please remember to have your students and principal sign that and bring it with you to check in on 2/23/19.
5. I have reattached all the documents from the 1st email below for your convenience.
If you have any questions leading up to the tournament or run into any issues, feel free to send me an email.
Best of Luck on February 23rd!
December 29, 2019